Thank you for visiting “Life and Random Thinking“.
Today fits into my category “Thinking Out Loud” and I am thinking about heroes! – David
It’s a word that conjures up in my mind various pictures and experiences. In the comics and now in the movies we see heroes in capes with amazing abilities.
In my life though I have had heroes without capes.
- My heroes are the amazing people who helped me through hard times in hospitals, and through recoveries, and kept me hopeful.
- My heroes are my parents have been heroes my entire life also, through their generosity, support and examples.
- My heroes especially are my family, who always lift me up and encourage me
- My heroes certainly include the empathic skilled doctors, the kind and gentle nurses, male and female, during all the hospital stays and visits.
- My heroes include my amazing friend ♥ who went above and beyond to donate his own kidney so I could find a match and my transplant in April 2019.
- My heroes also include friends who inspire me by their lives. They inspire me to embrace challenges, and be a better person.
Heroes – I have them in my life, and I’m immeasurably grateful.
Definition of Hero: A hero is someone who does something we couldn’t do, don’t want to do, or don’t think we could possibly do.
I am thinking today that I ….. BE MY OWN HERO.
It’s my duty to be the person I can be,
It’s my duty to make the right decisions for every occasion,
It’s my duty to take on challenges, and I receive the benefit from lessons learned,
Who has more influence on me than me?
I will be MY OWN HERO, but I am so grateful that have all the other heroes in my life who make that possible!
Quote for Today – We do not have to become heroes overnight.Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up … discovering we have the strength to stare it down. — Eleanor Roosevelt
This ‘hero” post is different from my other post about Heroes and Capes – Click here – thank YOU for your interest in my blog.
Looking forward to your comments! – David