I am thinking how rich I am today
as I think back over the past 12 or so months. A few years back someone shared with me a metaphor about our personal health as a table.
On our “table” –
We want to keep as many legs on our “table” strong so that if one is wobbly – the table still stands, and doesn’t topple because the other legs are there to keep us upright.
On our individual tables we have multiple legs, together those leg support the table – those legs include:
- Diet – healthy foods, avoid sugars, limit meat
- Exercise – daily is essential
- Spiritual Activity – Proverbs, praying
- Social Support – being with and supporting friends
- Sleep – plan beginning and ending sleep times, wind down at night
- Avoid Negative Speech – positive language using words like Thank you
- Water – three litres a day, starting with a big drink in the morning
- Deep breathing – concentrate on the breath alone a few times daily
- Sunlight – get outside, nothing like fresh air and sunshine
I was thinking about that metaphor because how regularly
I have been refreshed and supported by family and friends throughout my life. That includes the genuine support last year when I was forced to succumb to kidney dialysis again, and this year again when I was recovering from transplant surgery are top most in my thoughts today.
To all of you I share Proverbs 11:25 today:
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.
Thanks for reading today- I hope your “table” is strong, and have a wonderful day and as you bring blessings to others, you also feel refreshed. – Dave