This blog post is 5 years old. Since I wrote this more people have been added to the list than transplants have been donated. More people waiting than ever, and some dying on the list.
More personal to me I have been educated on how being a living donor surgery has improved light years. Safer, and quick recovery for donors and strength and stamina unaffected.
A local mom with 4 kids donated anonymously years ago and doing swell! A local accountant donated to his wife and doing so well he did the Ironman triathlon afterwards.
A local dad donated for his 23 year old son and is feeling no different except for the amazing feeling of saving his son’s life, he describes it as a gift, and opportunity of a lifetime.
Would you save someone’s life if you knew could without endangering yourself?
Someone is hoping and praying you are answering this question yes, and taking action.
Did you know that you you can register to be an Organ Donor ONLINE?
Need a reason to donate your organs?
Here’s 5 Reasons.
1. You have the potential to save sevenlives.
2. There’s a greater chance that you will one day need an organ transplant than there is of you ever being an organ donor.
3. Survival rates of transplant patients continue to improve, providing recipients with an extended and high quality of life.
4. It takes seconds to register your decision online at transplant.bc.ca.
5. You want to make a difference.
There are more than 350 British Columbians currently waiting
for a second chance. Stop the wait. Registering for organ
donation takes seconds at transplant.bc.ca
85% of BC residents have intentions to register but only 17% have taken the time to do so.
View original post 222 more words