One of the many nice things about Toastmasters is discussing different themes. The theme for our last meeting was FACEBOOK.
FACEBOOK is the social phenomena connecting more than 300 hundred million people around the world and making Billions of $$$ for it’s shareholders.
Facebook facts ~ Did you know ?
- that close to a BILLION photos are uploaded to FACEBOOK every month?
- or that one out of every 13 people on earth is on FACEBOOK?
- In 20 minutes 1,587,000 wall posts are written?
Our Toastmaster (Derek) for our Facebook themed meeting , started our recent meeting by describing what he called the “Five Phases of Facebook” – here are my notes.
– What phase of Facebook are you in?
1. Discovery phase – you just created your page, you go online and the world of Facebook is overwhelming and fun. You upload pictures, and enjoy looking up pictures of your friends, and maybe even old ex- friends!
2. Getting to know each other phase – the initial wonder is gone, now you are getting better at using Facebook, you explore and visit pages and tag photos. It’s a fun world, and Facebook is taking a chunk of your life every day but you look forward to it.
3. Bump in the Road phase – something has happened to jolt your romance with Facebook, perhaps someone posted an unflattering picture and tagged you in it, and you are NOT happy.