Did you know that you you can register to be an Organ Donor ONLINE?
Need a reason to donate your organs?
Here’s 5 Reasons.
1. You have the potential to save seven lives.
2. There’s a greater chance that you will one day need an organ transplant than there is of you ever being an organ donor.
3. Survival rates of transplant patients continue to improve, providing recipients with an extended and high quality of life.
4. It takes seconds to register your decision online at transplant.bc.ca.
5. You want to make a difference.
There are more than 350 British Columbians currently waiting
for a second chance. Stop the wait. Registering for organ
donation takes seconds at transplant.bc.ca
85% of BC residents have intentions to register but only 17% have taken the time to do so.
CLICK HERE to complete online registration.
Why did I make this post? I could now list:
- health reasons for persons who receive transplants
- cost savings to government for persons who receive transplants
- better lives for those people who receive transplants, and for their families who love and support them
- the hundreds of people who are waiting for their organs,
- the sadness that some people die while waiting for a transplant.
My reasons are all of the above, but mostly I was fortunate to have had a kidney transplant in 1987, and it changed my life in ways I could not explain. It has given me freedom, better health, and better quality time with those I love.
When someone dies, donating their organs to someone who can use them for a better life will not diminish the life of the person who has perished.
Instead I believe it adds another dimension, a gift that person and their family can receive from a tragic, sad time. Celebrate the life they had by remembering them, and knowing them, and let a part of them live on and give health to someone else !